Riveter Industries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM RULES - UPDATED 4/4/2016

Go down

FORUM RULES - UPDATED 4/4/2016 Empty FORUM RULES - UPDATED 4/4/2016

Post by Landy Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:44 am

Here are some rules to follow for this forum:

1. Don't be a dick. This means no harassment, "trolling" for lack of a better term, or malicious activity (viruses, phishing, the sort).
    Being an asshole isn't good for anyone.
    This will result in a warning, repeated offenses will result in temporary bans, eventually to the point of a permaban.

2. Don't spam. This should be self-explanatory.
    Remember that Monty Python skit? Yeah, we don't like being spammed either.
    This will result in temporary bans, repeated offenses will result in a permaban.

3. Don't post leaks, illicit content, or anything else that could get us thrown in jail.
    While game leaks aren't always a one-way ticket to the slammer, please refrain from posting anything we (or ESPECIALLY other developers) haven't posted officially.
    Posting illegal content will result in a permaban. Posting leaks will result in temporary bans, repeated offenses will result in permabans.

4. Don't be bummed out if we don't accept your idea for a game - this isn't really much of a "rule," it's more like "no hard feelings," but I feel like it should go here.
    And if you complain about us not accepting your idea, you're just going to lower the chances of it being considered.
    This won't really result in anything, but being excessive and annoying will result in warnings to temporary bans to an eventual permaban.

5. Keep discussions clean and on-topic.
    Don't de-rail a thread because you stubbed your toe on the stairs.
    This will result in a warning, repeated offenses will result in temporary bans, eventually to the point of a permaban.

6. Try not to respond to a thread that hasn't had a reply in several months.
    This is commonly known as bumping. I consider the minimum to be 10 months without a reply. You WILL receive forum punishment for bumping threads, such as a temporary ban.

7. Never tell your password to anyone.
    This should be common sense, but I'll be putting it here just in case. Nobody on this forum should ask you for your password - especially not staff members.*
    If we catch wind that you have given out your password to someone, we will NOT punish you - the nasty fellow asking for your credentials probably already did that.
    However, we WILL take action against culprits looking to hijack accounts. Anyone caught phishing will receive a permanent ban.

8. Most importantly, have fun. We want everybody's experience here to be a great one, so do your best to make it fun for not only yourself, but others as well!

We expect you to follow these when posting on our forums. Stryke and I may also modify this list, so don't be surprised if something changes.

* = I feel that I should elaborate on this. While staff members cannot view passwords, we have the ability to change your information without it. This includes changes to your account password and email.
Now, we won't EVER change your information without your explicit permission, but the freedom we get is something to be aware of.
As with any website, if you feel uncomfortable or unsafe about using our forum, you should not use it.
Landy
Landy
Developer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum